Design Terms and Conditions
These Terms & Conditions set out the basis on which Your Digital Heroes Ltd provide Design Services and are in addition to the General Terms & Conditions
1. The Client commissions Your Digital Heroes Ltd to design a new or amend an existing website and agrees to pay a deposit being 33% of the agreed fee + VAT as stated in the Sales Order (specification) (specification) within 7-days of the invoice date.
2. The client agrees to pay the balance of the agreed fee within 7-days of invoice date for each stage payment with VAT thereon as agreed in the Sales Order (specification) (specification).
3. The Client agrees not to unreasonably withhold approval of the agreed staged development or the completed website.
4. The Client will supply all data and reference materials in a timely manner, so as not to delay the design production.
5. Your Digital Heroes Ltd will use their best endeavours at all times to produce designs to the agreed timescales and of a quality in keeping with that indicated in the proposal and Sales Order (specification) (specification).
6. Although Your Digital Heroes Ltd carefully checks designs for errors in spelling and operation 100% perfection cannot be guaranteed. Ultimately the Client is responsible for the accuracy of their website, so all pages and links etc should be carefully checked. Any errors in information that was provided in a clear concise manner to Your Digital Heroes Ltd will be corrected free of further cost for up to one-month following the date of the final invoice. However author’s changes or information that was provided in an ambiguous or handwritten form may incur an additional fee.
7. The design of the website remains the property of Your Digital Heroes Ltd and Your Digital Heroes Ltd may use any aspect of the design including coding for other clients. The Client may adopt aspects of the design for use in other media including print with the permission of Your Digital Heroes Ltd which will not be unreasonable withheld.
8. Any software that Your Digital Heroes Ltd is to supply as part of the Design commission shall be paid for in full and in advance of supply and within 7-days of invoice date. Software packaging that has been opened cannot be returned for credit.
9. Where design fees include an item of training, this shall be paid in full in advance of the training taking place whether at Your Digital Heroes Ltd or Client’s premises. Fees quoted for training are for one person on a one to one basis unless stated otherwise in the Sales Order (specification).
10. The Client agrees that Your Digital Heroes Ltd may use the published website as a reference site for future potential clients.
11. The Client is not restricted to engaging Your Digital Heroes Ltd to undertake maintenance and amendment of the web site, which may be undertaken by the Client or a third party engaged by the Client. However Your Digital Heroes Ltd makes no warranty about the capabilities of any other party to work with our designs, particularly coding whether hidden or not.
12. The Client commissions Your Digital Heroes Ltd to review an existing website design whether operational or not, with a view to Your Digital Heroes Ltd proposing improvements aimed at meeting the Client’s agreed business needs. The agreed fee for this work is payable in advance of the review and within 7-days of the invoice date.
12.1 Your Digital Heroes Ltd will review the site design, test the operational performance and analyse the performance data. The review will include a proposal including a fee structure and generally presented to the Client by way of a meeting. The proposal will focus on items that Your Digital Heroes Ltd considers to be cost-effective improvements.