To support our continued growth, Reckless are on the search for a Business Development Executive (BDE) to work within the Sales and Marketing department.
Are you a focused, sales driven but personable individual who loves fostering new relationships? Someone who can think on their feet and is a creative problem solver? If this has you nodding along, then Reckless could be the perfect company for you.
The purpose of the BDE is to establish and grow new business opportunities, populating the pipeline with the aim of achieving and exceeding the company new business target. Primarily door-opening with new clients and fostering business relationships through new business strategy, targeting, events, eCRM and working with the Marketing team to build the Reckless brand.
What Does The Role Entail?
- Working with the Sales & Marketing Director to develop and implement an effective outbound new business plan
- Monthly pipeline reporting and qualitive analysis of relevant business, marketing and sales activity against business objectives and targets and to support lead conversion.
- Build and maintain an effective target database in key growth sectors.
- Identify, approach and converse with new potential clients and promote Reckless services and ethos. Including but not limited to:
- Following up on client leads, selling products and services in person, on email, over the phone and other channels (LinkedIn, events, blogs)
- Fostering familiar relationships between prospects, clients and the wider agency team
- Attend client meetings and pitches when required
- Devise strategic messaging to reach new customers
- Spotting new opportunities and trends
- Being knowledgeable and a ‘go-to’ person for all Reckless products, services and client information.
- Raising the company profile by attending events and seminars.
- Working with the Sales & Marketing Director to ensure the activity meets individual business and team requirements. Be commercially minded, focused on value-add.
- Working alongside the Marketing Manager to seed campaigns and messaging to the right audience to support the overarching Sales & Marketing plan.
- Collation of insight and assets for pitches / proposals / tenders
- Ensure new business is appropriately resourced with the Project Management team
- Coordinate and manage any 3rd party services
- Suggest new projects / sales approaches for growth such as new markets; service opportunities
- Being aware of market trends and competitors
- Embrace networking and personal development – build your network and knowledge
- Educate and encourage the agency on new business, sales best practices and techniques for increasing effectiveness
- Comply with regulations and laws of business development / sales approaches.
- Maintain a positive attitude that inspires co-workers to grow the business
- Look at agency partners to help drive new business leads
Does This Sound Like You?
- Ability to communicate, with confidence, at all levels
- Strong written and presentation skills
- A flexible, team working ethos
- Personal presence and credibility, helping promote a culture and passion for growth/sales across the agency.
- Ability to spot a ‘true’ opportunity
- Drive and commitment to succeed with a focused approach, to achieve targets and wider agency ambitions
- Ability to own projects and see them through not just contribute.
If you’ve got this far then you’re certainly intrigued! Just get in touch with a bit about yourself and why you think you’re right for Reckless because we’d love to hear from you: email@example.com